Know Breath, Know Life
"When you cannot handle the mind directly, it can be handled through breath. The mind is like a kite and breath, the string." - Sri Sri.
It always is mind over matter. The quality of our life is determined by the state of our mind. If the mind is at ease, we are able to perform all our duties whether household, professional or social with ease too. The question is how do we keep the mind happy, when it keeps flitting between regrets about the past and worries about the future, .
There is a built-in mechanism to calm the mind in each person, but seldom one is taught how to use it. And this is what you will learn from the Art of Living Part I program.
The centerpiece of this program is an innovative breathing technique called the Sudarshan Kriya. Breath has a great lesson for us. For every rhythm in the mind, there is a corresponding rhythm in the breath. Just as emotions affect the patterns of breathing, the mental, and behavioural patterns can be changed by altering the rhythm of our breath. A remarkable feature of the course is that participants are able to rediscover the present moment, not as a concept but as a direct experience.
* The Part I program is an 18-20 hour workshop spread over 5-6 days
* Open to everyone above 20 years
* Along with the Sudarshan Kriya, the course includes modules on skills for dealing effectively with challenging emotions, relationships, and situations.
* Includes basic yoga exercises.
* Techniques that are easily practiced.